with the district goal of optimal physical and mental health for all
students, the primary purpose of school health services is to facilitate
and promote optimal learning for students.
Health Services Goals for Promoting Student Success:
To promote early identification and remediation of health problems
and needs of students.
2. To assist students to assume responsibility for their own
to develop healthful attitudes and practices.
3. To provide health education and counseling for students,
personnel, and parents.
4. To provide health services and first aid for students and
5. To promote environmental safety and awareness of hazards.
6. To maintain a liaison with healthcare providers and
7. To protect the health of students and staff by preventing
outbreak and spread of communicable
enforcement of health laws and school
8. To promote school health services as part of the
9. To provide Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First
Suicide prevention training to school
personnel and interested
members of the community.