Hanover County Public Schools School Counseling Department


Our Counselors

Registration Info

Program Goals


Program of Studies


Parent Information



Testing Schedule

Planning For College


Career Center

Prevention Resources

Hanover High School

School Counseling Department

Transfer of Credits


Students transferring into a Virginia public school shall be required to meet the requirements prescribed in 8 VAC 20-131-50 to receive a Standard, Advanced Studies, or Modified Standard Diploma (except as provided previously in, Requirements for a Special Diploma, Certificate of Program Completion and GED (subsection F of 8 VAC 20-131-60). To receive a Special Diploma or Certificate of Program Completion, a student must meet the requirements prescribed by the Standards of Quality.

A secondary school shall accept credits received from other accredited secondary schools, including schools accredited through the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE). The Board will maintain contact with the VCPE to review its accrediting procedures and policies on a periodic basis as part of its policies under this section.

Parents and students who have questions regarding transfer of credits may obtain additional information from the school counseling office.

| Our Counselors | Program Goals | Services | Resources | CalendarParent Information | Graduation | Program of Studies | Testing Schedule | College Planning | Scholarship