- Read carefully all directions accompanying
the application prior to actually beginning to enter information.
- If possible, photocopy the application to
practice filling in the required information. Have an adult
proofread your application and essay.
- Be sure the actual application is typed or
neatly written in black ink. Your application makes a
statement about you. Take pride in your application; it may
affect the admission decision.
- Confirm that teachers have submitted to your
school counselor the recommendation letters required by the college.
- On those applications requiring essays,
first write a rough draft of your essay. Make certain you have
completely answered the questions. Proofread your rough draft
before entering it on the application form. The
application, the application fee (check), the envelope provided by
the college, and $2.00 for postage must be turned in to your
counselor TWO WEEKS prior to the college application deadline.
This two week period allows sufficient time for the needed
processing in the Guidance Office. Applications will not be
accepted without the $2.00 fee.
- Keep a copy of the completed application.