HCPS Counseling Site
Navigator see Career Resources
CEEB Code: 470-765
The Lee-Davis High
School Career Planning Center
provides students with
opportunities and resources for educational planning and career
exploration. Students are encouraged to visit the center and to
meet with Mrs. Karla Taylor, Career Counselor, for assistance in
finding information and making decisions about future plans. She
will be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and alternating Wednesdays.
Where is the Career Planning Center?
The Career Planning Center is located across from the Auditorium in the Counseling Office.
Students may come by the Counseling Office to request an appointment.
The center will be open between the hours of 8:15AM and 3:30PM Mondays, Tuesdays, and alternating Wednesdays. Students are welcome to visit before or after school and at other times by appointment.
· Assessments to identify interests, abilities and career values.
· Career information such as job descriptions, salary information, training options and much more!
· Individual small group and classroom sessions on career-related topics.
· Posted opportunities for part-time and full-time work and volunteer opportunities.
· Assistance in finding appropriate college/university or other educational programs.
What are the resources available in the career center?
· Computers for career research/assessments.
· College handbooks and periodicals.
· Information on job search skills such as networking, résumé writing and interviewing.
· Information about college and military admissions testing (ACT, SAT and ASVAB).
For more information, check out the information provided through the LDHS Career Planning class in Blackboard.
Our Mission: Hanover County
School Counselors provide all students educational services, in
collaboration with parents, school and the community, that foster